Are you struggling with self-motivation? Are you having a hard time getting to your regularly scheduled workouts? Are you finding more and more reasons to cheat on your healthy diet?
You are not alone! Here are 4 self-motivating mind tricks that you need to lock down your goals. A healthy dose of motivation coupled with determination will get you almost anything in life.
So how do you know if you’re genuinely motivated?
- Motivation will tell you to get out of bed for an early workout
- Motivation will nag you to put down the doughnut.
- Motivation makes passing on fries a reflex.
- Motivation makes a sweat drenched workout exciting.
- Motivation constantly reminds you why you do what you do.
Mind Trick #1: Pinpoint Your Motivator.
Motivation stems from having a goal. What is your goal? Why do you want to get into great shape? Once you uncover your personal motivator, you’ll find that motivation flows quickly your way. Take a minute to really uncover the reason that you want to lose weight.
When it comes to your fitness goals, AVOID being vague by saying things like you want to ‘be thinner’ or ‘look more attractive.’ You will have a hard time measuring those. Instead, dig deeper, there is usually a very specific motivator in your life, you simply need to uncover it.
Here are a few examples of what I mean…
- I want to have more energy to keep up with the kids
- I want to prevent diseases that run in my family like, heart disease or high cholesterol
- I want to lose 15 pounds before my vacation so that I feel confident in my bathing suit
- I want to restore my confidence to wear sleeveless shirts.
- I want to regain my figure to impress and attract my significant other.
Mind Trick #2: Make It Official.
When you write something down it suddenly feels official, doesn’t it? Write down your motivator for getting into great shape and post it where you will see it (ex. next to your alarm clock, on the bathroom mirror, or in your car). Each time you see your written motivator take a moment to visualize yourself accomplishing your goal. Try to make the scene as clear in your mind as possible. This is a powerful tool for maintaining your focus and direction.
Mind Trick #3: Be Practical.
It’s game plan time. You know what you want, and now you need to map out exactly how you’ll achieve it. It is important to be practical in your planning, rather than throwing out ideas that you know you won’t stick with.
With any weight loss goal, it is important to…
- Maintain a healthy low-calorie diet,
- Participate in a consistent and challenging exercise program
- Plan a routine that will fit into your schedule
- Choose an exercise program that you enjoy; don’t force yourself to jog daily if you hate jogging
Mind Trick #4: Call For Backup.
Enlist the support of your friends, family, and co-workers. Tell everyone about your goal to lose weight and get fit. You will be surprised how supportive most people will be. Being open about your goals will also encourage others to make healthy changes in their own lives.
One of the most effective ways to ensure that you meet your goal is to enlist the support of an expert. My team and I would love to be that for you. By working together, we will be able to easily identify what really motivates you, we will design a workout routine that fits into your life, and together we will see it through until your goal is met.
To get started, all you have to do is text 732-702-0088 or drop us an email at email@example.com and we will help you design a program that will transform your life. We look forward to hearing from you!
(Tips courtesy of fitproconnect.com)